καλημέρα, everyone! I’ve just returned from a relaxing holiday in Cyprus and I couldn’t wait to share my experiences with you. Known as the birthplace of Greek goddess Aphrodite, the island is mythology heaven — see what I did there? But not only history freaks can find their cup of tea here, there’s plenty of other things to do on Cyprus! My recommendations?
- hang out on the many beautiful white sand or rock beaches
- soak up art and culture at Pafos, the European Capital of Culture 2017
- take one of the many wine routes and taste local artisanal products
- discover the nightlife at Ayia Napa (for die hard party people only)
- drive up to the Troodos mountains, which give you an instant Canada feel
- during Winter, ski at the Mount Olympus - I’m not kidding!
- rent a car and take a road trip through the entire island
I stayed at the stunning Eveleos Country House, where I spent multiple relaxing mornings next to the pool and those beautiful floral settings. At 8 in the morning it was already too hot to wear this striped 'Viduke shirt dress' as a n actual dress, so I used it as a pool kimono to wear over my bikini. I wish I could teleport myself right back to this outfit!